From MIT course:
1. Land readjustment can assemble
land for urban expansion and revitalization
with minimal displacement.
2. Land readjustment can help recover
a portion of the project costs.
3. It can promote maximization
and intensification of land use thereby enhancing
land value for landowners and expanding property tax
basis for the municipalities.
4. Land readjustment can distribute land redevelopment
costs and benefits equitably among landowners
and other stakeholders such as local governments,
private developers, and the communities–
especially the urban poor and landless.
5. Readjustment can encourage public participation
in policy decision-making.